Install Instructions for BA Comp and MLOK
MLOK INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove your chassis from your barreled action. OPTIONAL, without removing barreled action, you can usually get the MLOKS in there if you get them aligned properly, give it a try first.
2. Using the supplied MLOK fasteners and screws, install the FOB to your chassis. Spacing and alignment is up to you. Note the location of the MLOK holes in the above diagram. They are easily identifiable as they have a larger hole chamfer to match the MLOK screws. You might not use all of the supplied mounting holes, there are 7 on the FOB. Your chassis may have 6 or less MLOK slots, ignore the excess holes.
3. Do not over torque fasteners - max of 50 in/lbs. Fasteners are #10-24 x 5/8 for reference.
4. Reinstall your barreled action and go have some fun!
MPA BA COMP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove your chassis from your barreled action.
2. Remove your spigot from your chassis (if installed)
3. Line up the FOB dowel pins with the holes in the center of the bottom of the chassis and make sure you index it as close to the mag well as it will allow you.
4. Snap the FOB in place. The slot for the spigot points to front of the chassis. The dowels are precision. Keep chassis and FOB in parallel alignment as you push in place, don't let it get cockeyed and try to force it. If you have a lot of paint layered up in your chassis holes where the dowel pins go, you can clean that up with a 1/4" drill bit. Stock factory paint finish will not interfere.
5. Locate the 4 silver blind nuts and the 4 long screws in the hardware bag. Insert the blind nuts from INSIDE the chassis and install the 4 screws from the bottom of the FOB. You only need about 30 in/lbs to tighten these up (snug) do not over tighten or you will deform the blind nuts. The dowels handle all of the forces and the screws just keep the FOB secure. Do NOT lock tight. You can press on the top of the blind nut to hold it while you tighten it. The blind nut has tiny ridges that grip the chassis surface. If you over tighten it, the blind nut will spin. Do not tighten any further, you are all set.
NOTE (FOB version ONLY): The rear most hole closest to the mag well is NOT for installation screws. This is simply an access hole to get at the MPA lug lock screw (if used). This allows you to remove the chassis from the barreled action without the need to remove the FOB from the chassis. If you don't use the lug lock, just ignore this.
6. IGNORE this step for the STABILATOR PRO V3. Install the spigot using the 2 remaining screws. These are the shorter screws.
7. Reinstall the barreled action and go have some fun! Please provide feedback.
INSTALLATION NOTES: Here is some feedback from other customers that may be of help for you.
* The latest MPA BA Comp has a removable barricade stop at the front of the mag well attached with 4 screws over the top of the front action screw hole. This barricade stop needs to be removed as it interferes with the rear of the FOB. Will be adjusting this in a future release for clearance. The STABILATOR PRO V3 corrects this clearance issue.
* Dowel pins. As mentioned above, the pins need to be in perfect alignment, there is only about .001" clearance depending on the tolerance of those dowel pins. It is easiest to just rest the FOB on the chassis upside down and push down over the top of the pins at the same time. If you have extra paint in there, see above step #4. It is OK to gently tap the back of the plate with a rubber mallet as long as you alternate your tapping between the pin locations to keep the FOB flat (in the same plane) as the chassis. Once installed, they are not going anywhere. Check the holes in the chassis for damage as well. I have seen this once on a very old beat up chassis. Any rolled over edges on those holes that interfere with the dowel pin should be cleaned up first.